Add to wish list
Categories: General Nonfiction
Publisher: Random House, Inc./Three Rivers Press | Date published: 08/16/2010
eReader ISBN: 9780307523136
Throughout history and around the world, soup has been used to bring comfort, warmth, and good health. A bowl of soup can symbolize so much--celebrations, major life passages, and the everyday. Inspired by Patricia Solley's website, SoupSong.com, and organized according to function--soups to heal the sick, recover from childbirth, soothe a hangover, entice the object of your affection, and mark special occasions and holidays--An Exaltation of Soups showcases more than a hundred of the best soup recipes of all time, including:
• Festive Wedding Soup with Meatballs from Italy
• Egyptian Fava Bean Soup, made to give strength to convalescents
• Creamy Fennel Soup with Shallots and Orange Spice from Catalonia--perfect for wooing a lover
• Hungarian “Night Owl” Soup, designed to chase a hangover
• Spicy Pumpkin and Split Pea Soup from Morocco, served to celebrate Rosh Hashanah
• Tanzanian Creamy Coconut-Banana Soup for Kwanzaa
Spiced with soup riddles, soup proverbs, soup poetry, and informative sidebars about the lore and legends of soup through the ages, An Exaltation of Soups is a steaming bowl of goodness that is sure to satisfy.
From the Trade Paperback edition.